The daycare center offers spots for up to 198 children in total:
- a maximum of 132 spots for children aged 3 - 6, or until the start of compulsory school attendance
- a maximum of 66 spots for children from the first year of life to 3 years of age
We offer the following allotments of hours per week:
- 50-hour place ⇒ 10 hours of care per day during opening hours
- 35-hour place ⇒ 7 hours of care per day (in the period from 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the latest)
Process for awarding daycare spots
Spots are allocated once a year in the first week of February. For this purpose, a completed application form is required. The application form is handed out at the daycare center information events.
Criteria for awarding spots
- The daycare center offers its childcare places primarily to working families/parents and single parents/apprentices.
- In addition to parents’ work status, social aspects are taken into consideration in determining the need for childcare.
- Admissions are based on the daycare center's space capacity.
- The distance between home, daycare center and workplace are taken into account in the decision-making process.
- Not only children whose parents work for Merck KGaA or its subsidiaries are accepted for care, but also children whose parents are not employees of these companies.